Bigger isn’t always better, especially when it comes to the kitchen. The smaller it is, as a rule, the more functional work space has. Effective working area and stylish design are not exclusively available to a large kitchen.
All you need is a few good ideas for the organization of the working space, as well as a couple of new stylistic solutions. And if your kitchen will sparkle with new colors will be the most practical, original and properly organized.
“If you can organize your kitchen, you can organize your life” – Louis Parrish
We have collected the best solutions for interior design small kitchens. They will solve the tasks, while having sophisticated style. The three most common problems of such spaces: clutter, lack of space for storage and lighting.
This is usually a side effect associated with the lack of sufficient free space. Often, the increase in its quantity and becomes a decision problem – the kitchen is easier and it leaves your items.
A revision of all cabinets and drawers (especially the far) and donate what you don’t use for a long time. Ask yourself if you really need a tool for removal of cherry stones or a ball-cutter. After you’ve cleared the cupboards, the visual clutter can be removed, having laid all that interfere on the surface in the vacant space for storage.
The lack of storage space
You have already made your vault, but still feel that’s not enough? It is a well known problem. Use tricks to maximize the usefulness of horizontal and vertical surfaces, such as the trick to turning the side of the beach sink into a cutting Board.
Dark rooms always look smaller, so it is recommended to perform the walls in bright colors. If you love the rich, dark kitchen design, add a variety of lighting options. The use of additional lights under wall cabinets will highlight the area of the working space and put emphasis on them.
Good illumination makes the space visually larger, regardless of color. Consider some of the following ideas:
• Add a led strip or a long fluorescent lamps on the shelves and under cupboards to illuminate the work surface.
• Replace incandescent bulbs with energy saving equivalents.
• To install additional pendant lights in order to implement multilevel lighting in addition to the existing system.
• Replace outdated fixtures.
• Add mirrors on the walls of the kitchen or consider adding small mirrors to reflect the light.
The simplest to implement decor ideas:
• Hanging rack for utensils
• Wall kitchen tools
• Increased working area
• Additional shelves
1. Hanging rack for utensils
While most small kitchens don’t have sufficient space required to install large and bulky racks for pots, pans, other kitchen utensils, there are options for limited space. Hanging racks don’t necessarily have to hang from the ceiling, some of them can be installed on the wall. Looks very organic.
2. Wall for kitchen tools
Take the example of the busy kitchens of restaurants: which use industrial hardware wall shelves to store kitchen items. Here are some ways to accommodate numerous instruments and supplies directly on the wall:
• Hang cupboards. Simple hinged design with multiple hooks can hold tools with a loop or hole.
• Zadekorirovat and firm cutting Board, and use it to hang your tools. Keep items organized by color or type of usage.
• Use wall magnets for storing knives and jars for spices.
Use a creative approach to giving the maximum number of functions in your kitchen. Find ways to create a multifunctional space with practical furniture that can be removed if necessary. Some ideas include:
• Bar stools backless can be easily hidden under the counter.
• Folding kitchen bar tables.
• A drop-down wall-mounted cutting boards, kitchen scales, etc.
4. The increase in working area
When your goal is to create modern look kitchen, one of the most important elements of design is minimalist, this spacious kitchen table. It not only looks stylish, but also increases the amount of space that makes the cooking process easier and more enjoyable. The first step is to remove all the small appliances and items on the countertop. Here are a few ideas for increasing the workspace:
• Modern electric cooking surface. To date, their surfaces do completely smooth and compact. They have the added advantage to be almost flush with the main top, so you can put a cutting Board or other items when not using it for its intended purpose.
• Gas cooktop. If I use a gas cooking surface you can buy case, putting on which you will be able to turn it into additional space. Some of the materials these covers are up to chopping.
• Portable cutting “table butcher” or even light tables on wheels feel good as additional storage space. Buy new wheels or upgrade the old self. Add a couple of simple stools to the cutting table and get the original stand for Breakfast.
5. Additional shelves
Find a place to install shelves or small shelves for extra storage. For example, a series of narrow shelves attached to the table-island, perfect for storing cookbooks. Looking for additional space, including corners, or mezzanine.
We hope that this article will inspire you to refresh your compact kitchen. What idea do you like the most? Leave comments, discuss and share your experience!